Last Updated: 02-09-2023
1. What Personal Information Does TriviaHub Collect?
We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you use the Services, such as when ordering or registering on our site for an event;
- Social networks through which you may access the Services or otherwise interact with us; and
- Our service providers through which you may access our Services.
The personal information we collect about you may include, without limitation:
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Demographic information such as job information and postal code; and
- Payment and financial details, such as payment card number, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address.
When you use the Services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. The information we collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address and type of device, operating system, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services (including whether you are a repeat or first-time visitor); and
- Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as page views and website navigation patterns).
2. When do We Collect Information?
We collect information from you when you register for the Services, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features.
3. How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use the information we collect to:
- Personalize the user experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content in which you are most interested;
- Improve our website and the services we offer to better serve you;
- Respond to your customer service requests;
- Administer contests, promotions, surveys, or other site features;
- Send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and Services;
- Process orders you place and complete other transactions you have requested using the Services, and provide you with products and services you request;
- Maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions using the Services;
- Communicate with you about our products, Services, offers, promotions, and third party products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services and transactions conducted using the Services;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We may also use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
4. How Do We Protect Visitor Information?
We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss, and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your use of the Services as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when you place an order, or submit or access your information, to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
5. Do We Use ‘Cookies’?
- Allowing users to resume teams during use of the Service in the case of browser closure or network connectivity issues.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
Please note, however, if you disable cookies, some features will be disabled that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
6. Third-Party Disclosure, Links, and Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and our other service providers who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies, which you should review before you provide information to those sites. We are not responsible for the content and activities of those sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about those sites.
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Other Social Media Integration
Certain aspects of TriviaHub’s user experience involve integrating with various social media networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. We do not collect, store, or scan any posts, Twitter tweets, photos, tags, Instagram photos, Facebook posts, Facebook photos, or other intellectual property of the user or said social media networks. TriviaHub simply stores URLs to relevant posts, tweets, photos, etc. to display within TriviaHub based on permission granted by the end-user or through hashtags and/or keywords submitted by the user in accordance with said social media networks public software APIs. TriviaHub does not own or claim to own any media sourced from external social media or other networks.
Uploaded Photos & Posts
Certain aspects of TriviaHub’s user experience involve uploading posts and photos for use in the Social Media Wall experience and/or in other interactive experiences. TriviaHub stores both photos and posts on its servers that are sourced from the TriviaHub platform.
7. Promotional Communications
If you have received a promotional email from us and you do not want us to use your email address to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you may opt-out at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each email.
8. How Does Our Site Handle Do Not Track Signals?
Your web browser may let you choose your preference as to whether you want to allow the collection of information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services. We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
9. Does Our Site Allow Third Party Behavioral Tracking?
It is important to note that we do not allow third party behavioral tracking.
10. Relevant Laws
Children Under 16: TriviaHub Services are not designed for use by children under the age of 16. As such, our offerings are not directed at children under the age of 16 nor do we knowingly collect or maintain information from children under the age of 16 in our offerings. If we learn that we have collected personal Information from a child under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will promptly take steps to delete that information.
Fair Information Practices: The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN-SPAM Act: The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to create an account in the system for you and to send important product enhancement updates.
To comply with CAN-SPAM we agree that, if at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at the below address, or follow the instruction to unsubscribe that is in each of our commercial emails, and we will promptly remove you from ALL electronic correspondence.
11. Notice to California Consumers
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] or write us at: 1209 Orange Street – Corporation Trust Center, Wilmington, New Castle County, Delaware 19801.
13. Data Transfers
TriviaHub is based in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
14. Contacting Us