Custom Trivia Questions
Question Writing Guide
Check out these guidelines to create custom questions for your TriviaHub event.
Please note: We ask that you provide at least 8 questions total to cover all of our round length options.
Send your questions to [email protected] no later than one week prior to the event’s start.
- All questions must be fewer than 150 characters, including spaces.
- If you are submitting a multiple choice question, each choice option (or answer) must be fewer than 100 characters, including spaces.
- Use a .doc or .docx format
- Any images used must be 480×270 or larger, and labeled with corresponding question number
- Images should be included as attachments rather than embedding them
- Any audio clips used must be in .mp3 format, less than 10MB and labeled with the corresponding question number
- Any video clips used must be in .mp4 format, less than 50MB and labeled with the corresponding question number
Question Writing 101
- Multiple choice is the best option.
- Make sure your question has a definitive answer.
- Bad Example: What is everyone’s favorite winter holiday party treat? Susan’s Fruitcake
- Good Example: On what holiday does Susan always send herself flowers? Arbor Day
- One or two-word answers are key.
- Bad Example: What do people do on Arbor Day? People strive to plant trees, plants, and flowers.
- Good Example: What treat does Susan bring each year to the winter holiday party? Fruitcake
- Remember that the goal is not to stump everyone but to have fun! People have fun when they know some answers.
- The easiest way to write questions is to use our INSTANT TRIVIA forms and fill in the blanks (forms can be found below).
- Our Content Team will make sure your questions fit our format.
Instant Trivia Forms
- Company Trivia – Don’t stress over your company trivia. Just fill in the blanks! Download Form
- School – Celebrate your school/alma mater with these inspirational questions! Download Form
- Birthday – Celebrate the special birthday person with some fun questions! Download Form
- Bar Mitzvah – Celebrate the special day with questions all about them! Download Form
- Bat Mitzvah – Celebrate the special day with questions all about them! Download Form
- Anniversary – Commemorate the occasion with memorable trivia questions! Download Form
- Baby Shower – Get ready to welcome that bundle of joy with a trivia game! Download Form
- Retirement – Send the special colleague off in style with questions all about them! Download Form
Have other instant form suggestions? Have other questions about writing questions? Contact our team.